Beer Marinated Grilled Chicken
Long time since I posted something. Had been busy throughout with the year ending work. Exploring Brazilian Cuisine this month… This Beer Marinated Grilled Chicken was a thrilling experience filled with excitement,suspense and drama ;)…Excitement because I was going to try something new… Had never combined Chicken and Beer together… Suspense because I was not sure about the outcome and the dancing of the flames on the chicken while grilling created the drama. An easy to make recipe…Tender grilled chicken with soft and subtle flavours filled with the aroma of Beer… A must try if you are as crazy as I am…
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook time:15 minutes
Serves : 3, Level : Easy
3 Medium Sized Boneless Chicken Breasts
1/4 Cup Refined Oil
2 Cups Beer
1 Medium Sized Onion (Thinly Sliced)
1/2 Green Bell Pepper (Finely Chopped)
5-6 Garlic Cloves (Smashed)
4″ Ginger (Smashed)
1/4 Cup Mustard (Ground)
1/2 Tsp Caraway Seeds
1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
1 Tbsp Sweet Paprika
3 Tbsp Butter (For Basting)
Salt to Taste
Lime Wedges (For Garnishing)
Chopped Bell Peppers (For Garnishing)
1. In a bowl mix the beer,mustard,salt,sweet paprika,black pepper powder,caraway seeds,ginger,garlic,green bell pepper,onion and oil..
2. Now add the chicken pieces to it and mix.Cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours or preferably overnight.
3. Light a grill/tandoor. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill on medium heat for 10-15 mins till the chicken is cooked and is nicely browned. You may grill the chicken in an oven as per your settings.
4. Remove from Grill and baste with the melted butter.
5. Serve hot with lime wedges and butter sauteed bell peppers.