Blue Cinnamon Lemonade
Summer is here and the mercury is soaring high. Each day sees the thermometer breaking the previous day’s record… The kids, the pet and now even my wife has started to get cranky because of the heat.
The best way to beat the heat would be obviously to travel to Alaska… Isn’t it? Frozen lakes… Icy mountain tops…Your kids will thank you for this, your wife will promise to be nice to you for the rest of her life and your dog? Well, your dog will promise not to sneak inside your blanket ever again….
Ahh ! Well, well… if you can’t do that… the next best thing to do is to have a chilled refreshing drink. Something that would cool you down from head to toe and replenish the much needed energy. In short, a mini trip to Alaska without burning a hole in your pocket
When we talk of Summer drinks, what’s the first thing that comes to your mind? It’s lemonade ! isn’t it ? Plain and simple lemonade… even 5 year olds know how to make a lemonade. It’s the simplest of all drinks and this damn thing just doesn’t grow old….
Today, we’ll try and make Blue Cinnamon Lemonade, a cool, stylish cousin of the simple lemonade. We’ll use Cinnamon to add punch to the drink and Blue Curacao which is a sweet blue liqueur, distilled and flavored from the dried peel of bitter oranges. It may contain distillates of lemons and curacao fruit as well…. And Why is it blue ??? Well… because it’s colored Blue.. that’s why
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook time:0 minutes
Serves : 1, Level : Easy
45 ml (1.5 oz or 3 tbsp) Blue Curacao
Juice of 2 Lemons
15 ml (0.5 oz or 1 tbsp) Sugar syrup or as desired
A dash of Cinnamon
Lemon Slices and Lemon Wedge
A cinnamon stick
1. Wet the rim of the glass by drawing a lemon wedge around the rim, squeezing gently (not so hard that it drips), until the edge is uniformly moistened.
2. Take Castor Sugar in a flat plate. (I took about 2 tbsp). Now, hold the glass upside down and gently press the edges of the glass into the castor sugar and turn it to line the rim completely.
3. Now put ice cubes in the glass so as to fill it halfway. You may also use crushed ice here.
4. Pour the Blue Curacao, lemon juice and Sugar syrup. Add a dash of cinnamon.
5. Now top up with Soda. Mix with a stirrer.
6. Drop a lemon slice and a cinnamon stick and serve chilled.