Brazilian Grilled Chicken with Tomato-Coconut Sauce
We’ve chosen Brazilian cuisine as the flavor of the month and Boy !! What an experience it is turning out to be. Brazilian cuisine has European, African and Amerindian influences and I am absolutely in love with this cuisine now.
One thing that I’ve learnt about Brazilian recipes is that most of the recipes are damn easy to make and require very less time to prepare… and the flavors ? Absolutely Mind Blowing !
The Brazilian Grilled Chicken that we’ll make today is another simple recipe from the Brazilian kitchen. The main highlight of the recipe is the Tomato-Coconut sauce that is served over the tender and juicy grilled chicken. The sweet-tangy flavor of the sauce… Ooooh !! My mouth has started watering just by describing the dish to you. So without wasting more time, lets just dive into the recipe. Shall we?
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook time:15 minutes
Serves : 4, Level : Easy
500 gms Chicken (4″ pieces)
3 Tbsp Refined Oil
6 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
1 Tsp + 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 Onion (Chopped)
1/2 Tbsp Minced Fresh Ginger
2 Jalapenos peppers (Seeds removed and Minced)
1/2 Cup Tomato Puree
1 Tomato (Crushed)
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Tbsp Coriander (Chopped)
Salt to Taste
1. In a shallow dish combine 2 Tbsp Oil and two-third of the minced garlic.
2. Marinate the chicken with 2/3 of the garlic oil prepared in step 1, salt, pepper and reserve the 1/3 of the oil for basting.
3. Meanwhile take the leftover 1 Tbsp of Refined Oil in a wok and heat over moderately low heat.
4. Add the onion and cook stirring occasionally till translucent. Add the remaining garlic, ginger and the minced jalapenos and cook stirring for around 2 mins.
5. Now add the crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, coconut milk, salt and 1/2 Tsp ground pepper.
6. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened.Add the cilantro and stir.Turn off the gas, the sauce is ready.
7. Now light up a grill/tandoor and grill the marinated chicken for around 10-15 mins basting with the remaining 1/3 garlic oil turning in between (so that both the sides get grilled).
8. Pour the prepared sauce over the grilled chicken and serve hot.