Cheesy Herb Mathri Cigars
Tea Time and snacks… They always go hand in hand… The tea time snacks for me with kiddos cannot be a daily affair so I prefer to stock it up…Being brought up in a marwari family, Mathri has always been a favourite tea time snack… Normal Mathri then again goes boring over the time…These is a Videshi twist to my desi stuff… And what more you can store it for a long duration…
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook time:20 minutes
Makes : 8 Cigars, Level : Medium
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
3 Tbsp Refined Oil
1 Tsp Oregano Seasoning
1 Tsp Basil
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Chilli Flakes(Optional)
2 Amul Cheese Cubes(Grated)
Salt to Taste
Oil for Frying
1. Mix all purpose flour, 3 Tbsp Refined Oil, Oregano, Basil, Garlic Powder, Chilli Flakes and knead with water into a semi soft dough (a bit harder than that for roti/chapatti).
2. Now divide it into 8 equal sized balls.
3. Roll each ball with a rolling pin of about 3” diameter.
4. Prick the rolled dough with a fork.
5. Place some cheese in the rolled dough in a line and roll it to form a cigar shape. Close the ends with the help of a little water.
6. Deep fry in oil on low to medium flame till golden brown in colour.
7. Store in an airtight container for future use. Snack it at tea time or anytime!