Cherry Lime Granita
Granita is an Italian drink originated in Sicily made from sugar , water and various flavorings. A sip of this in summers soothes and relaxes your senses. Here I have used a blend of cherries , lime, lemon and mint. The sweetness of cherries and lime combined with the tanginess of lemon and freshness of the mint makes this drink a must try in the hot and humid summers. Presenting Cherry Lime Granita.
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook time:0 minutes
Servings : 4, Level : Easy
1 Cup Pitted Cherries
Juice of 1 Sweet Lime
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 small bunch of Mint Leaves
2 Tsp Powdered Sugar (or as per the sweetness desired)
1. Churn together all the ingredients in mixer grinder till pureed.
2. Take a container and pour the puree so that its height is just ½ “.
3. Cover the container and deep freeze till a bit set.
4. Take out and scrape the puree every half an hour with the help of a fork to prepare soft crushed ice.
5. It will take approx 2-3 hours to form proper granita.
6. Serve garnished with Mint Leaves.