Monday Morning Breakfast… After a lazy Sunday there was not much on my head for a breakfast… Was peeping inside the refrigerator when I noticed the lettuce leaves, cabbage, carrots in my veggie box and a bottle of mayonnaise… Thought why not indulge in a Coleslaw Sandwich. Easy to prepare and easier to bite into… Monday Morning Breakfast … A grand success.
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook time:5 minutes
Servings : 2, Level : Medium
1/4 Small Red Cabbage
1/4 Small Green Cabbage
1 Carrot (Grated)
1/2 Onion (Grated)
1/2 Tsp White Vinegar
1/2 Tsp Sugar
1/4 Tsp White Pepper Powder
4 Tbsp Mayonnaise ( or as much as you like 😉 )
4 Lettuce or Salad Leaves
3 Slices Sandwich Bread
2 Tbsp Melted Butter
2 Cheese Slices
Salt to Taste
1. Take both the chopped Cabbage, grated Carrots and Onion in a colander.
2. Add white Vinegar, Salt, Pepper and Sugar to it and mix well.
3. Put it to strain for around an hour.
4. Squeeze the excess liquid out of the Vegetables.
5. Now toss in these veggies in a bowl with mayonnaise and mix well. Coleslaw is ready.
6. Brush the slices of bread with the melted butter.
7. Now place 2 Lettuce leaves on top of one slice.
8. Spread half of the coleslaw on the lettuce leaves. Cover with another slice of bread.
9. Repeat step 7 and then spread the rest of the coleslaw on the lettuce leaves. Top it with Cheese Slice and cover with the last bread slice.
10. Grill the sandwich in a sandwich maker or in a non stick pan.
11. Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup.