How can anyone not fall in Love with Gajar Halwa. In the winters, it’s a favorite at my place and am sure in many other houses as well. The flavors, the taste, the Color… All Awesome…
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook time:1 hour
Servings : 4, Level : Medium
1 Litre Milk (Use full cream Milk if available)
1 Kg Red Carrots
250 gms Sugar
5-6 Cardamoms (Powdered)
Some Blanched Almonds (For Garnishing)
3 Tbsp Ghee
2. Boil 1 Litre Milk in a Wok (Kadai) on full flame. When it comes to a boil, add the grated carrots.
3. Keep stirring occasionally till the milk dries out completely and it reaches a Halwa like texture. (Keep stirring to avoid burning)
4. Add the Sugar and Cardamom powder and stir constantly till the liquid of the sugar dries out.
5. Turn off the gas.
6. Cover the Wok and leave it for 10 minutes. Add Ghee, put the Wok on flame again for 2-3 minutes and mix well.
7. Garnish with chopped Almonds and Serve Warm.