Kele Tamatar Ki Sabzi (Raw Banana and Tomato vegetarian recipe)
Kacche Kele Tamatar Ki Sabji… I love this freaking Vegetable… A very good option for people who hate to eat raw bananas… To be true to you all I fooled my hubby with this veggie… Till date he doesn’t know what I cooked… He hates raw banana and this was the best way to make him have this… He just loved the taste and never asked me what it was… I am so happy…. What more now my kids love it too… I learnt this veggie from my mom and have loved it since childhood… My favourite combination with this veggie is Lehsuni Moong Dal and Rice and trust me I am done for the most satisfactory meal… This meal is even more satisfactory than having a pizza… Who kehte hain na… At the end of the day whatever you may have, finally ghar ka dal bhaat hi bhaata hai… And so I love it too… Plain and simple yet so satisfactory…
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook time:20 minutes
Serves : 2, Level : Easy
3 Large Raw Bananas
Juice of 4 Large Tomatoes (finely chopped)
2-3 Green Chillies (chopped)
1 Sprig Curry Leaves
1 Bunch Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
2″ Ginger (finely chopped)
5 Tbsp Refined Oil
1/4 Tsp Urad Dal (Skinned Black gram)
1/4 Tsp Mustard Seeds (Black Rai)
1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
3/4 Tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
Salt To Taste
1/8 Tsp Hing (Asafoetida) – [Optional]
1. Boil the Raw Bananas. Peel and chop them into ½” round slices.
2. Now heat oil in a wok. When the oil is hot add asafoetida, mustard seeds, urad dal, green chillies, ginger and curry leaves and sauté till fragrant.
3. Now add in the chopped tomatoes and salt as per tomatoes and cook covered on low flame till the tomatoes are soft. Increase the flame and cook till the tomatoes start releasing oil.
4. Now add in the Coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala Powder and chopped coriander and stir tiill it starts to release oil.
5. Now add in the boiled banana slices and stir lightly so as to not to break the bananas too much.
6. Add salt as per the bananas and turmeric powder and stir well. Cook on low flame for about 5-10 mins.
7. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with Lehsuni Moong Dal or a dal of your choice and Rice.
** While boiling the raw bananas in a pressure cooker coat the peel of the bananas with a little oil. This will ensure that your cooker doesn’t get stained and stays clean and shining. Boil the bananas upto one whistle on high flame and then for 3-4 mins on low flame. Turn off the gas.