Madlouaha (A Lebanese Dessert)
Madlouaha or Lebanese Nights is a beautiful Lebanese Dessert which is simple, easy and quick to make and so refreshing that it will leave you with pure satisfaction. It hardly takes any time to prepare and can be made well ahead in time for guests coming over. A velvety pudding with coconut flavor… I simply loved the light sweet taste and when it was drizzled with rose syrup the dish became beautiful and fresh like early spring. I followed the recipe from the blog Chef in Disguise and made minor changes to it.
I thank our very sweet G…Garima Sarolia Narera of Cafe Garima for giving us such a wonderful theme this month at Chefs Across Boundaries. A beautiful lady by heart…She has chosen a very refreshing theme for this beautiful Spring Season. Love you G… Muaahs… A beautiful dessert dedicated to this beautiful lady.
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook time:15 minutes
Serves : 6, Level : Easy
4 Cups Whole Milk
1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
2/3 Cup Semolina
4 Tbsp Condensed Milk
2/3 Tsp Ground Mastic (Also called Gond in Hindi)
200 ml Sweetened Whipping Cream(I used Non Dairy)
Rose Syrup/Chocolate Syrup/Fruit Syrup to Drizzle
Chopped Pistachios for Garnishing
1. Mix the whole milk, semolina , shredded coconut and ground mastic in a wok and bring it to boil. Stir constantly till the mixture thickens (around 10-15 mins)
2. Now add 4 Tbsp Condensed Milk to the wok and stir. Remove from flame.
3. Grease a round dish of 20 cm with a little refined oil.
4. Immediately pour in the mixture and let it cool at room temperature.
5. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Run a knife around the edges and then de-mould from the dish by inverting it upside down on a plate.
6. Apply the sweetened whipped cream on the top of the pudding.
7. Garnish with chopped Pistachios and serve chilled drizzled with rose syrup/chocolate syrup/fruit syrup.